"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps."
Proverbs 16:9 (NLT)
I find great freedom in the fact that while I may make plans God is the one who actually maps out the steps I take in life.
You know I have stressed throughout my requests for prayer that I first and foremost desire each of you to pray as you feel led for the team, our work, and myself. However, I will add to that and ask that you also cover us in prayer for the details of the trip, such as the traveling and the actual work we will be doing. As I already mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I am on a team of five who will be specifically ministering to and with the kids while in country. The other team members will be put to work in the health clinic, bible studies, and whatever work is needed.
We spoke in Children's Ministry last Sunday and I was able to share with the kids about traveling and what we, as a team, needed prayer for. It was great to hear their hearts as they prayed for our needs. I would ask the same things of you as I did them. Please pray for the alertness of our pilots, the mechanics of the planes, and for our luggage to arrive all together! Half of the luggage that is traveling with us is loaded with supplies - school supplies, crafts for the time with the kids, 3 computer CPU's (we will purchase the monitors in country), and a variety of other supplies.
Several people have asked for a specific itinerary so here it is! Whew. It makes it all so real for me to be sharing this with you at this time!
Travel Itinerary:
Departing:
Depart Denver International Airport June 13, 2007 11:20 am
Arrive JFK – New York June 13, 2007 5:05 pm
Spend the night in Jamaica Queens, NY
Depart JFK – New York June 14, 2007 11:20 am
Arrive in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) June 15, 2007 8:10 am
Depart Dubai (United Arab Emirates) June 15, 2007 10:05 am
Arrive Jomo Kenyatta – Nairobi June 15, 2007 5:15 pm
Returning:
Depart Jomo Kenyatta – Nairobi June 27, 2007 5:15 pm
Arrive Dubai (United Arab Emirates) June 27, 2007 11:15 pm
Depart Dubai (United Arab Emirates) June 28, 2007 2:00 am
Arrive JFK – New York June 28, 2007 7:50 am
Depart JFK – New York June 28, 2007 12:45 pm
Arrive Denver International Airport June 28, 2007 2:55 pm
Ministry Itinerary:
June 16, 2007 – Unpack and settle into Little Sisters (the place we are staying at), exchange money, rest and get acclimated to time zone and culture, CONSECRATE the team to the work of Christ.
June 17, 2007 – Worship at Mathare Valley Worship Center in Mathare Valley, Kenya.
June 18 – June 20, 2007 – Work at Mathare Valley Worship Center.
June 21, 2007 – Rest day, laundry, regroup, etc.
June 22, 2007 – Undecided. We will either be going to our church supported Compassion project or we will be working at Mathare Valley Worship Center again.
June 23, 2007 – Mathare Valley Worship Center Kids Club
June 24, 2007 – Worship at Mathare Valley Worship Center in Mathare Valley, Kenya.
June 25, 2007 – One day game drive (think safari)
June 26, 2007 – Packing, shopping
June 27, 2007 – Visitors and departing
Keeping in mind Proverbs 16:9 and the recent uprising in Mathare Valley some of the ministry itinerary may change.
I'm as ready as I am going to be!
1 comment:
I can't tell you how many times in the last few weeks I have read this verse or another from Proverbs that says the same thing: we might make the plans, but God determines the steps! What a blessing to know that God has determined your steps and they are leading you to Africa and to a new level with Him that you've been waiting for . . .
Post a Comment