"Now that I have seen I am responsible, faith without deeds is dead." (Brooke Fraser)
"You can't un-see what you have seen." (Brian Lee)
“The work of the eyes is done. Go now and do the heart-work on the images imprisoned within you.” (Rainer Maria Rilke)





Saturday, May 19, 2007

Conversation and Revelation

Eliana
Saturday, May 19
8:13 a.m.
In the car on the way to breakfast



"Dear Jesus, Please be with Mercy (Arunga) in Kenya. She needs clothes and medicines and food and shoes. Please be with her family. Help Pastor Karau and his wife. Take your hand over my mommy as she goes to Kenya. Amen."

"Hey mommy?"
"Yes Eliana?"
"I'll draw a picture for Mercy and this is what I will say - Dear Mercy, I have been praying for you for 2 years and I hope you get a school and clothes and food and I hope your family is okay. Your friend, Eliana. And then mom you can give it to Mercy."
"Yes Eliana I'll make sure I ask Pastor Isam about seeing Mercy."
"Okay!"

"Mom, Kenya is a long way away isn't? Even further than New York City right?"
"Yes it will take mommy 2 days of school to get to Kenya."
"Oh so you will be on a plane a day and then a night and then a day and then a night and then you'll be there right?"


"Hey mommy wouldn't it be cool today if we found a shirt at the store that said 'Kenya is Cool!' and then you could buy that and wear that!"


"Mommy, I'm going to miss you."