- At our team meeting Isam mentioned a waiver we had to sign releasing our church from the responsibility of transporting our body back to the USA if we died in Kenya. Now, I know Lanny and he could care less where I was buried so I didn't think this to be a big deal. He didn't care but he claimed my DAD would. So I called Daddy. I explained if I died in Kenya I would be buried there. After a brief pause he said, "Or I will come get you." I guess I'm getting traveler's insurance. He-he! My sweet daddy.
- As you know by now, the whole Africa thing is huge for me. I hate to travel, I don't like to get dirty, sweat, etc. So for me to plan to go for the past 1.5 years is a big deal in my family! I was secretly relishing the idea that I would be the first in my family to go to Africa. Yeah, well that dream has died. My brother, Paul, will be travelling to Africa on February 14 to hike the famed Mt. Kilimanjaro. He beat me to it!!! But I am thrilled for him. It's been a desire of his for a number of years.
- And finally, raise your hand if you have gotten one of those questionnaires over e-mail about your likes, etc. Why is the question "Have you ever been to Africa?" always on there? And then why is the answer almost always - "no way" or "never", etc?? Okay, I admit I used to be a "no way" kind of girl but God has clearly shown me that I (nor any of us I believe) should never say "never" or "no way" to questions like that! My answer? No I haven't yet, but I land in Nairobi June 15, 2007. God willing.
I show that I am a letter from Christ, the result of ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. (2 Corinthians 3:3 NIV)
"Now that I have seen I am responsible, faith without deeds is dead." (Brooke Fraser)
"You can't un-see what you have seen." (Brian Lee)
“The work of the eyes is done. Go now and do the heart-work on the images imprisoned within you.” (Rainer Maria Rilke)
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Funny (to me at least) Africa moments!
Here's a few Africa tidbits:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment