In the fall of 2004 I took a little break from "normal" life and God started me on a journey that continues to this day. In order to understand the call to Kenya you have to first understand what God has been doing in me.
God simply asked me to trust him. The obedience comes later. Isaiah 26:3 (Amplified) says, "You Lord will keep me in perfect and constant peace when my mind, both its inclination and its character is stayed on you. For I commit myself to you, lean on you, and I hope confidently on you." That's where I had to get to first. And before he could ever call me to obedience he had to get me to trust him with my heart. Could I trust God with my heart?
In December of 2004 a friend shared that she was filling out an application for the summer Kenya trip. I was surprised and remember so clearly saying to her, "Well good for you. I told God no." OOPS. God would remind me of that comment down the road a bit. See I was still learning to trust him with my heart.
Fast forward to July of 2005. Beth, do you trust me with your heart? Yes, God, I do.
1 comment:
Ohhhh, I see. It comes in Dickens-esque installments. A little bit of the story at a time to string us on and keep us reading. I see how you are, you shamless marketing fiend, you!
Post a Comment