"Now that I have seen I am responsible, faith without deeds is dead." (Brooke Fraser)
"You can't un-see what you have seen." (Brian Lee)
“The work of the eyes is done. Go now and do the heart-work on the images imprisoned within you.” (Rainer Maria Rilke)





Monday, July 09, 2007

Speechless

Yes, me.
Speechless.
I know, I find it hard to believe myself but it's true!
I found myself speechless upon my return to Colorado. So I gave myself the time to be speechless. I couldn't even figure out how to share with Lanny so I just handed him my journals and said, "Here. Read them and then we'll talk!" He is gladly reading my heart recorded on the pages of the 2 1/2 journals I filled and am still recording in! (was anyone taking bets on how many journals I would go through?!?)
A couple of lines from a Steven Curtis Chapman song keeps replaying in my head like a broken record -
I am speechless, I'm astonished and amazed. I am silenced by your wondrous grace...

And I am. I am astonished at God's amazing grace. And I'm also ready to share. A few people have tentatively asked if I'm okay, if something went so tragically wrong that I was having a hard time figuring out what to share. Let me assure everyone - I am okay. Wait. I'm sorry, that is a gross understatement. I am more than okay. I am great, I am blessed, I am honored, I am astonished, I am grateful. Those all feel like understatements as well but I am not sure there are words to really describe what is in my heart. So bear with me. I'm going to do my best to put into words my experiences so that you can get a taste of our time in Kenya.

If you are in the Colorado Springs area I invite you to come and listen to the team share this Wednesday, July 11, 6:30 pm. at Calvary Worship Center (505 Castle Road, Colorado Springs 80904) - click here to get directions if you have never been to our church.

Look for new posts - with pictures! - starting the end of this week or early next.
I cannot wait to share with you the truth of God's word found in Psalm 126:2-3, "Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth...that's how I feel. You said it so perfectly. Even though I've had this week to think about things I still find myself speechless, yet with so many things to say. But ya know what, I'm better than ok too. :-)