"Now that I have seen I am responsible, faith without deeds is dead." (Brooke Fraser)
"You can't un-see what you have seen." (Brian Lee)
“The work of the eyes is done. Go now and do the heart-work on the images imprisoned within you.” (Rainer Maria Rilke)





Saturday, August 12, 2006

Could God BE any clearer?

I gathered up my courage and composed a letter. I mentioned at the end of the letter how I needed $2700. That was it. What I need the most of is prayer. If God called me like I am pretty sure he did then the money is the last of my worries! I'm thinking about hygiene issues and clothing and my headaches from the sunlight. I sent the letter and decided I could be waiting a long time for any sort of response, after all it was only January and my trip wasn't until September.

But money started coming in with my name written in the memo line or a note attached with my name. And with every dollar that came in I went to God and asked him what was he doing? His reply? "I'm sending you to Kenya and I have just removed your last excuse." So as the money continued to come in I just shook my head in disbelief and shrugged my shoulders in resignation to God's plan. Sometimes it is just best to go with HIS flow.

By the time May rolled around I had all the money I needed for the trip and then some. By God's grace not only did I have the $2700 necessary but I had right over $4000 sitting in my account at church!

I am not sure that God could have actually been any clearer.


1 comment:

Brandon said...

"I'm sending you and I have just removed your last excuse." Beautiful.