November 3, 2005
I had kind of forgotten about the whole Kenya trip and process. All I know is that everytime Kenya is mentioned I literally see and feel myself stepping on the plane.
So today when the mail came at home and there was an envelope from church I was surprised. And at first couldn't figure out what it might be. DUH Beth.
I've been accepted to be part of the Kenya team that will travel September 9-25, 2006. Whoa, NOW it is real. And now I am scared.
I've been thinking about the support part of it and that has me freaked. I don't really feel comfortable asking people for money but I will need money, $2700 to be exact. And now I have to tell people what's been going on. Nobody has really known to this point - I've kept everything hush hush. The response will be interesting.
MY response is interesting. I'm calm one second, the next I'm scared, and the next I'm almost indifferent.
I think I just stepped on to a roller coaster.
No comments:
Post a Comment