"Now that I have seen I am responsible, faith without deeds is dead." (Brooke Fraser)
"You can't un-see what you have seen." (Brian Lee)
“The work of the eyes is done. Go now and do the heart-work on the images imprisoned within you.” (Rainer Maria Rilke)





Sunday, November 21, 2010

What happens when "it" and "they" get into you


Directly after my trip to Africa in 2007 I heard of Brooke Fraser.  And she experienced a similar thing that I did on our trips to Africa.  Once you see, once you experience you are then compelled to do something about it.  And that something will be whatever God shows each of us to do. 


In the spirit of being the hands and feet - not to mention voice and ears - of Jesus I wanted to feature an interview that Brooke did a few years back. It is worth watching and hearing what she has to say about living out the model of Jesus! 
Brooke Fraser Interview Part 1 - 5:21
Brooke Fraser Interview Part 2 - 6:21

Some of you might remember that the summer of '07 I posted this video to this blog.  But I have to post it again for viewing especially after listening to Brooke speak so personally and intimately about it. 
Albertine by Brooke Fraser

Here's a shot of Brooke and Angelique, the girl mentioned in the first verse of the song. 

No comments: