I have a confession to make. Well, maybe I have a couple. We’ll see. But the one that I can make right now has to do with stories. I didn’t think I had any. See, you will find out as I share more and more of my trip, I had a very different trip than the rest of the team. Being team leader is a whole different trip! And well, because it was such a different trip I didn’t get to experience what the rest of the team did, I didn’t get to interact with the children like I did in 2007, I didn’t get to just immerse myself in Mathare Worship Centre every day. So I didn’t think I had stories to share. I felt a little grumpy about it if the truth be known. But a few days ago I was showing a friend pictures of our time there and as I would go to a picture a story would come out! So, I have stories after all. I’m really honored to have stories to share because they are stories of God’s handiwork in the nations.
Okay I thought of another confession. I’m pretty Type A, obsessive, anal, call it what you will it’s what I am. My brain just works best on an organized level. I generally like to write in chronological order. I have already organized all 2300 pictures from the trip in chronological order because I remember things and people best according to a timeline! I think I’m weird so it’s okay, go ahead and say it! Here’s my confession: I’ve realized that I can’t write in chronological order any longer. As I see a picture and it prompts the story that my heart holds I’m just gonna put it out there, no matter when it happened! Oh man…the type A me is flinching but I think I’ll be okay!
There’s a Native American Proverb that says, “It takes a thousand voices to tell a single story.” And indeed, for me to tell the stories I must listen to the voices of the pictures and let them speak into my memory and I am prayerful that they will speak to your hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment