Everybody's got a water buffalo
Yours is fast but mine is slow
Oh where'd we get them I don't know
But everybody's got a water buffalooooooooooooo
"I want to avoid the water buffalo migration."
WHAT?!?!?
"Are you kidding? You aren't serious are you?"
"No, really. The water buffalo migration happens in June/July. I don't want to be there for it." Something about in addition to the water buffalo there are also big "cats" hanging out - presumably thinking the water buffalo would make for many days worth of meals.
I really thought Isam was joking with me but he wasn't. I do appreciate the fact that he is watching out for his team by making sure that we aren't caught off guard by a stray water buffalo or big "cat" in the city of Nairobi or in the Mathare Valley. He was having trouble nailing some key things down for our trip and so he traveled to Kenya in October with our senior pastor and his family. I prayed. I prayed for Isam, that he would be able to accomplish dates and price, I prayed that God would give him a new and fresh vision for what our team - whoever that ends up being - is supposed to accomplish.
We will depart from the United States mid-June 2007 and be in Kenya for approximately 14 days. The updated cost of the trip is $3500. Praise be to God! I have to say a huge thank you again to every one who has prayed and who has been able to financially support me. Even though the price of the trip has increased by $800 I still have much more than I need! God has been so gracious with me. That edge was scary but when I found the courage to near it, God pushed and because of incredible people who believe in me and in God's work I flew. (See post right below this one for quote I am referring to!)
And I'm assuming we won't be running with any stray water buffalo...
1 comment:
You know, speaking as one whose mother was raised in Africa, water buffalo are the things that scare my family the most. My mother and grandparents will take a lion over an angry water buffalo any day. True dat.
Post a Comment